Cardiac servicesIf you are undergoing cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, or admission for a cardiology condition, you will generally be admitted to Ward 5 East.
5 East is a dedicated cardiovascular ward within Prince of Wales Private Hospital supported by a full range of cardiovascular services including cardiothoracic operating theatres, a state-of-the art hybrid theatre and an intensive care unit.
We have a team of dedicated health professionals with a wealth of experience, who provide outstanding levels of care including:
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Vascular Surgeons
A comprehensive range of diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular services are available through Eastern Heart Clinic which is a co-located independent service owned and managed by many of our cardiologists.
In addition to conventional vascular surgery, vascular surgeons, radiologists, and other related specialists have the opportunity to perform studies and interventions in our state-of-the art hybrid operating theatre.
We know that being in hospital can be a stressful time for patients and their families especially when not from the local area.
As well as our dedicated nursing team, who are experts in discharge planning, we can also provide social work services to help you on your journey from admission through to discharge.
- Access to our resident doctor, available from 10am-7pm, who has formed excellent relationships with our Surgeons and Cardiologists and comes with a wealth of knowledge of cardiovascular disorders.
- Access to our Clinical Support Co-ordinators who, along with our nursing staff, will support, guide and advise you regarding your condition.
- Strong links with the public hospital and Eastern Heart Clinic.
- Well presented, comfortable rooms with access to telephone and television.
- Pre-admission clinic services.
- Specialised physiotherapy services
- Access to dietician.
- Extensive information from the Australian Heart Foundation
- On site pharmacy
- On site cafés for your visitors.
Visiting hours are flexible for family members between the hours of 10am to 8pm.
We do however advise that patients are given the opportunity for a rest period in the afternoon, particularly following cardiothoracic surgery.