We take the safety of everyone in our hospital seriously and conduct regular Fire and Emergency training drills and system tests.
If the alarms sound please remain calm, the fire doors will automatically close between building compartments, these doors should be left closed until instructed otherwise; please follow the instructions of staff.
Announcements will be made on the public address system.
Please address mail to:
C/- Prince of Wales Private Hospital,
Locked bag 2,
Randwick NSW 2031
For packages being delivered by Courier please address to:
C/- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
Level 5 Reception
Randwick NSW 2031
All patients have a telephone and can be direct dialled. If you do not know the extension number the hospital Reception can advise you and put your call through 02 9650 4000.
Please restrict calls to times prior to 10:00pm.
For patients at Little Luxuries please call Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach on 02 9315 7600.
Traffic can be very heavy, especially around peak times or if there is an incident. Please allow plenty of time for your journey, e.g. driving from/to the domestic terminal at the airport can often take 30 – 40 minutes.
- Nearest Railway Station is Central
- View timetable
- Buses from Central from Eddy Avenue
- #891; M50 Central (Eddy Ave) to High St,
- #372; 373; 376; City/Central to Belmore Rd
- #374 City/Central to Alison Rd
- #304 To Barker Ave
- View timetable
- Rank is located at Hospital main entrance (Easy street loop)
- From the airport 5km taxi journey
- To Book a Taxi you can call:
The public transport trip planner may also be of assistance.
Please be aware that visitors may have to follow certain procedures, depending on the condition of the patient.
Nursing staff will provide specific instructions for visiting these patients.
We take Infection Control very seriously. To help us protect our patients, staff and visitors from hospital-acquired infections, please follow good hygiene practices and make use of the hand sanitiser located throughout the hospital.
If suffering from colds, flu and other contagious ailments we advise not to visit the hospital.
- Hudsons Coffee : level 7
- Windscreens Café : Level 0
- Cafeteria : Level 0
- Volunteer’s Café on Level 1
- Star Café ground floor in Sydney Children’s Hospital
- HPS Pharmacy : Level 6
- Pharmacy : Level 0
- Florist : Level 0
- Newsagency and gift shop : Level 0
- The Spot is known for its cafés and restaurants. It is a 5 minute walk east of the hospital campus at the intersection of St Paul’s St and Perouse Rd.
- The Chaplaincy service is available on the campus. They can arrange contact with spiritual leaders of all major faiths and can be contacted on internal extension #20000; a Chapel is located on Level 0.
- Laundry – The hospital can arrange for the laundry service upon request, please discuss your requirements with the nurse in charge.
- Randwick shopping precinct in Belmore Rd is a 10 minute walk north from the campus
Reception on Level 5 will be able to direct you to the appropriate hospital room/ward if you need assistance.
Maternity patients may have transferred to our Little Luxuries ward located in the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach Hotel, 242 Arden Street (corner of Arden & Carr), on Coogee Beach.
- 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
- 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Visiting: 11.00 am - 1.00pm and 4.00pm - 8.00pm
- Rest period is 1.00 pm - 4.00pm
- Strictly no visitors during rest period. If you need to visit outside these hours please discuss with nurse unit manager.
- For Paediatric and Maternity patients, a parent or partner can be accommodated overnight on a divan in the patient’s room, provided the room is not shared with another patient
- Long visits can tire patients, so it is suggested that visitors stay for short periods only
- Patients can ask that visitors be restricted
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised
- Meals for visitors are not normally provided, however they can be arranged at additional cost
- Please bear in mind that many patients find loud gatherings disturbing and stressful and we ask that noise be kept to a quiet, reasonable level
We ask that you take the time to read our Healthscope Hospitals Patient Rights and Responsibilities.