Last updated 2 June, 2022
From Thursday 2 June 2022, Prince of Wales Private Hospital will adopt new visitor guidelines, outlined below. All visitors will only be permitted to visit if they meet the following criteria, except on compassionate grounds. For compassionate exceptions please contact the hospital directly on 9650 4000.
- Have had two doses of a recognised vaccine (unless they hold a medical exemption)
- Have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 7 days
- Are not a high-risk contact of someone who has COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- Do not have any COVID-19 Symptoms
- Have not returned from Overseas in the past 7 days
- Wear a surgical mask correctly on entry and for the duration of the visit
Visiting guidelines by department
Day of Surgery Service
- Patients only permitted into the Day of Surgery Area. Drop off and pick up only.
- Parents only are allowed to visit; No siblings will be permitted
- One parent may visit at a time. Only 1 parent will be permitted to stay overnight
- Patients may have 2 designated visitors
- Visiting hours are between 4-6pm
- A second visitor is allowed, besides the support person during a patient admission. The second person must meet the visitor criteria above and be pre-arranged. Patients will be required to nominate a second visitor be the duration of the stay. A child who is 5 years and over can be the nominated visitor, though must meet the visitor criteria outlined above.
- A second support person during the delivery is permitted, the support person will need to be approved by the Obstetrician and the Delivery Suite Manager. The second support person will only be permitted during the birth and will be required to meet the criteria above.
- Patients will be allowed to nominate 2 visitors.
- These nominated persons can attend between the hours of 4pm & 6pm.
- These visitors cannot attend the ward at the same time
We continue to take a number of precautions to keep you, our staff and doctors safe. These include physical distancing, hand hygiene and best practice infection control guidelines.
There is a variety of accommodation from luxury to budget within a short drive or walking distance from the Prince of Wales Private Hospital in the suburbs of Coogee and Randwick. Be sure to enquire about a hospital discount.
We take the safety of everyone in our hospital seriously and conduct regular Fire and Emergency training drills and system tests.
If the alarms sound please remain calm, the fire doors will automatically close between building compartments, these doors should be left closed until instructed otherwise; please follow the instructions of staff.
Announcements will be made on the public address system.
Please address mail to:
C/- Prince of Wales Private Hospital,
Locked bag 2,
Randwick NSW 2031
For packages being delivered by Courier please address to:
C/- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
Level 5 Reception
Randwick NSW 2031
All patients have a telephone and can be direct dialled. If you do not know the extension number the hospital Reception can advise you and put your call through 02 9650 4000.
Please restrict calls to times prior to 10:00pm.
For patients at Little Luxuries please call Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach on 02 9315 7600.
Traffic can be very heavy, especially around peak times or if there is an incident. Please allow plenty of time for your journey, e.g. driving from/to the domestic terminal at the airport can often take 30 – 40 minutes.
- Nearest Railway Station is Central
- View timetable
- Buses from Central from Eddy Avenue
- #891; M50 Central (Eddy Ave) to High St,
- #372; 373; 376; City/Central to Belmore Rd
- #374 City/Central to Alison Rd
- #304 To Barker Ave
- View timetable
- Rank is located at Hospital main entrance (Easy street loop)
- From the airport 5km taxi journey
- To Book a Taxi you can call:
The public transport trip planner may also be of assistance.
Please be aware that visitors may have to follow certain procedures, depending on the condition of the patient.
Nursing staff will provide specific instructions for visiting these patients.
We take Infection Control very seriously. To help us protect our patients, staff and visitors from hospital-acquired infections, please follow good hygiene practices and make use of the hand sanitiser located throughout the hospital.
If suffering from colds, flu and other contagious ailments we advise not to visit the hospital.
- Hudsons Coffee : level 7
- Windscreens Café : Level 0
- Cafeteria : Level 0
- Volunteer’s Café on Level 1
- Star Café ground floor in Sydney Children’s Hospital
- HPS Pharmacy : Level 6
- Pharmacy : Level 0
- Florist : Level 0
- Newsagency and gift shop : Level 0
- The Spot is known for its cafés and restaurants. It is a 5 minute walk east of the hospital campus at the intersection of St Paul’s St and Perouse Rd.
- The Chaplaincy service is available on the campus. They can arrange contact with spiritual leaders of all major faiths and can be contacted on internal extension #20000; a Chapel is located on Level 0.
- Laundry – The hospital can arrange for the laundry service upon request, please discuss your requirements with the nurse in charge.
- Randwick shopping precinct in Belmore Rd is a 10 minute walk north from the campus