Our Physiotherapists are experienced and dedicated professionals who establish the highest quality of service, sensitive to the needs of individual patients.
We ensure the standards of quality, commitment and safety for optimum patient care and outcomes.
Our Physiotherapists are highly trained to assess your condition, plan and implement evidence-based treatment programs to restore function and enhance your health following your procedure or during your stay in hospital.
Your Physiotherapists will work in partnership with your Doctor and other health professionals to ensure the best possible treatment and care.
Our Physiotherapists are in-house, employed by Prince of Wales Private Hospital.
Senior Physiotherapists take responsibility for Undergraduate and Graduate Masters Program students for clinical placements.
Our Physiotherapy Department strongly promotes and supports continuing professional development and education and have regular in-services and journal clubs.
Our Physiotherapy services include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-admission Clinics to assess you and prepare you for your surgery (e.g. cardiothoracic surgery, orthopaedic surgeries)
- Day Surgery (e.g. knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, foot and ankle surgery)
- Post-operative chest treatment to prevent complications following acute cardiothoracic surgery and abdominal surgery
- Post-operative exercises to assist recovery following orthopaedic surgery and neurosurgery
- Chest care to assist recovery from medical conditions (e.g. pneumonia, cystic fibrosis)
- Other medical conditions requiring physiotherapy treatment to improve mobility or ease joint pain (e.g. back pain)
- Postnatal classes to provide advice and exercises for new mothers.
We have equipment such as axillary crutches, elbow crutches, sacral belts and abdominal binders for purchase.
Our friendly Physiotherapists will also be able to discuss with you the equipment you may require at home following your discharge from the hospital.