The paediatric team at Prince of Wales Private Hospital includes experienced paediatric surgeons, paediatricians, and paediatric nurses. Combined, they have a wealth of experience caring for children, from infants to adolescents.
Prince of Wales Private Hospital provides a variety of paediatric-relevant procedures, which include:
- Common general surgeries – Male circumcision; umbilical hernia repair; treatment for tongue-tie, inguinal hernia and undescended testis; removal of skin lesions.
- Complex procedures – Hypospadias repair; spinal and neurosurgical surgeries.
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy.
- ENT procedures – Tonsil and adenoid removal; grommet insertion.
- Plastic surgery - Cleft palette surgery; congenital hand problems.
- Orthopaedic surgery - Foot surgery; knee ligament reconstruction; removal of hardware.
Our patients are cared for on a paediatric ward by specialised and compassionate paediatric nursing staff. We recognise that family is fundamental, not only to a child’s physical recovery, but to their long-term wellbeing. Should a child need to stay in our hospital overnight, or for a few days, a parent or carer is welcome to accompany them. All paediatric rooms are equipped with a fold-out sofa bed.
We are lucky to be co-located on the same campus with The Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick. If a child requires specialist assessment or intensive care, we can arrange for them to be transferred to Sydney Children's for ongoing treatment.
Our staff work together with parents and carers to support the needs of the entire family, so that each child is able to return to the comfort of home as soon as possible.
To find a Paediatric General Surgeon (or a surgeon who offers paediatric services), accredited to work at our Hospital, please refer to the Prince of Wales Private Hospital Specialist Directory.
If you would like to know more about our paediatric services, please contact:
Nurse Unit Manager – Paediatric Ward
02 9650 44593