Prince of Wales Private Hospital is a leading centre for cardiothoracic surgery. We are able to cater for all surgeries, from open-heart to minimally-invasive techniques such as hybrid and robotic-assisted.
Our highly-experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeons all hold appointments in public hospitals and, therefore, are exposed to the very latest in heart and lung treatments. At Prince of Wales Private Hospital, they perform a variety of procedures, including:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CAB) – Healthy blood vessels are grafted onto the heart to compensate for blocked arteries.
- Heart Valve Surgery – A repair or replacement of any of the heart’s four valves.
- Lobectomy and Pneumonectomy – A partial or total lung removal.
- Major aortic surgery for aneurysms.
- Pleurodesis – Treatment for trapped fluid or air between the lungs and the chest cavity.
- Thymectomy – Removal of the Thymus.
The Hospital has state-of-the-art hybrid and cardiothoracic theatres, and a dedicated robotics theatre, in which procedures can be performed using the da Vinci XI® Surgical System. With minimally-invasive procedures like robotics, patients usually have a faster recovery and fewer post-surgical complications than they would after a traditional open surgery.
Patients who undergo cardiothoracic surgery require acute, specialised post-operative care. Our Hospital has a Cardiac Care ward, as well as an Intensive Care Unit for high-dependency needs.
To find a Cardiothoracic Surgeon accredited to work at our Hospital, please refer to the Prince of Wales Private Hospital Specialist Directory.
If you would like to know more about our Cardiothoracic Surgery services, please contact:
Dr Peter Grant
02 9382 0490
Please note: A comprehensive range of diagnostic and interventional cardiac services are available through Eastern Heart Clinic, which is a co-located independent service owned and managed by many of our consultant cardiologists.